Skip to content

Power to the People in the Class War

October 4, 2011

Many years ago, a wise man told me that the term “Big Business” is just a polite way of saying “Highway Robbery”. This has never been more true and evident than it is today. Capitalism has run amok. Everywhere you turn, some greedy entity is trying to suck every last cent from your pocket. Look at what you’re spending for cable or satellite television, land line and cell phone services, internet access, insurance of all kinds, food, clothing, housing, transportation, school tuition, printer ink, software, bank services, health care and taxes of all kinds. The list goes on and on. It makes one’s head spin and leaves one’s wallet empty. The wealthy are sticking it to the less fortunate every way they can, and they’re never satisfied. The upper class has been waging a very successful war on the rest of us since they put President Bush into office.

So what can we do about it? One way is to vote against all republicans. I vote accordingly, but I’m always outvoted by a misinformed electorate who has been brainwashed by the upper class and their minions – the republican party. Another weapon we have involves some footwork and sacrifice. Try to hit them where it hurts them directly… in their bottom line. Instead of mindlessly paying our bills, we can get really angry about how much we’re paying and to whom. Some examples: Find an alternative to AT&T that makes huge campaign donations to tea-party candidates; Take your money out of Bank of America  and put it in a community bank; Only drive when it’s absolutely necessary; Stop drinking coffee that used to cost $2 a pound but now costs $5 for only 11.5 ounces.

The most effective battle in the class war so far started on September 17th in New York City when a few dozen demonstrators marched on Wall Street. This protest has since grown to over a thousand and has spread to other cities from Los Angeles to Portland Maine. Originally called the “Occupy Wall Street Protest”, it has become a movement, now calling itself “The Other 99 Percent”. It is a show of anger over the wobbly economy, social inequality, corporate greed, and global climate change. The feeling is that the financial entities on Wall Street brought the whole world to the edge of economic collapse but they’ve learned nothing and haven’t changed their ways. Big money is dictating which politicians get elected and what programs get funded. Some protesters have likened themselves to a tea-party-style movement with a liberal bent – or the Arab Spring demonstrators who brought down the rulers in the Middle East.

Godspeed to these protesters. This is a movement that is just and right and long overdue. It deserves the support of every American who is not in the top 1% of income earners. I’ve been praying for something like this. People need to wise up and take America back from the greedy capitalists and their evil republican partners. It’s time for their assault on the other 99% of us to come to an end. If this peaceful movement eventually turns into an all-out bloody class war, then so be it. The fat cats asked for it and deserve whatever wrath the American people choose to visit upon them.  They need to be taught a hard lesson, whatever form that takes.

Advertisements
One Comment leave one →
  1. October 4, 2011 7:10 PM

    Well written, well said! Thanks for this.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: